Saturday 8 November 2014

When you take up photography you may have some very fixed ideas of what you’ll be doing. You might imagine shooting in Paris for Vogue or GQ, with the beautiful people of the modelling world.

But the reality of being a paid photographer means you can be asked to photograph some unusual and surreal things. I am regularly called upon by a national theatre to pop in for head shots, promotional images etc, but now and then they do throw me a curve ball. On this occasion

I was asked to photograph a mannequin for a ‘Puppet Conference’ called ‘No Strings’ and given the task to make him look lifeless and stringless. Well that’s easy right?


 Well I'm happy with the way these images came out and love the detail of the puppet. I have to say the variety of photography is just staggering and what can be a great subject for it. Until next time, happy snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment